When it comes to pursuing one’s passion, one can reach the furthermost nook of the world to accomplish it. Similarly, when it comes to food, the food connoisseurs can reach the zenith or even the abysmal depth of the earth! After all, it is well said, ‘There is no sincerer love than the love of food.’
While there are several places in India renowned for their delicacies, Hyderabad stands out among them all. Every year, a plethora of people from all around the world flock in the streets of Hyderabad to satiate not only their taste buds, but also their hearts! Excited, aren’t you? Come to Hyderabad and sink in the lip smacking, scrumptious dishes made here. To help you out, you can reach here via trains, airplanes or cabs. A multitude of flights run every other day to and from Hyderabad, like the Delhi to Hyderabad or the Vizag to Hyderabad flights. Book one as per your requirement.
Well, here are a few Hyderabadi dishes, you MUST try atleast once in your lifetime, because if you haven’t had them, you haven’t had anything!
- Haleem: Talk of Ramadan and it’s no wonder that you haven’t heard of everyone’s favourite delicacy, Haleem! Haleem, means patience. Prepared with wheat and meat, it takes hours of labour to cook this delicious seasonal dish, but once it is prepared, all the fasters can’t help wolfing it down! It is also a popular starter in most of the Hyderabadi Muslim weddings. But if you are a vegetarian and the thought of eating Haleem frets you, then do not worry, there’s a veg version of it available too. Do try it!
- Hyderabadi Biryani: Once you take a spoon of the Hyderabadi Biryani, you won’t get tired of eating it all the time, be it for breakfast, lunch or dinner! In fact, Hyderabad proudly showcases its Biryani and it remains the pearl of all the menus of Hyderabad. Prepared from both, mutton and chicken, the Hyderabadi Biryani is available in a variety of variants! Must go for this mouthwatering, delectable dish.
- Mirchi Ka Salan: It is one of the most sought after side dishes of Hyderabad. If you have a chilly tooth, then you must try this delicious Mirchi Ka Salan, prepared with chilli sticks and curry. You are sure to get red with its hot and pungent taste, yet would want to eat it more!
- Dum Pukht: If you have had Dum Pukht before, even reading this, would make your mouth drool! Such is the tongue-wooing magic of it! The ghee-drowned biryani is entirely cooked in steam. Must try it.
- Pathar-ka-Gosht: This dish is prepared with mutton on a wide slab. It is very aesthetically spiced up and finally garnished with onions and other ingredients. Very popular in Telangana as well, one can’t help savouring it!
Sheer Khurma: If you grew up in Hyderabad, you must have seen your grandmoms and moms drying up vermicelli before Eid. Well, that was to prepare the delicious dessert and the queen of Eid, Sheer Khurma, or mithi seviyan, which is dressed with these vermicelli threads. You can not stop gorging on this delectable dish; you just need to have a sweet tooth.